1. Chivalry: code of behavior and ideals of the knights..loyalty to lords, warfare rules, self-improvement..
2. Courtly Love: non-sexual love between knights and gentlewomen.. women were put on pedestals (above males).. adoration of women in order to better themselves
3. The Magna Carta: The Magna Carta was signed in June 1215 between the barons of Medieval England and King John. The document was a series of written promises between the king and his subjects that he, the king, would govern England and deal with its people according to the customs of feudal law. Magna Carta was an attempt by the barons to stop a king - in this case John - abusing his power with the people of England suffering.
4. The Crusades: a series of Holy Wars waged by Catholic Christians against Muslims
5. The 100 Years War: 1337 - 1453 England vs. France.. the English were unsuccessful..actually lasted 116 years and all of the battles were fought in France.. the wars led to development of technology in weaponry and war..brought an end to "knights in shining armor"
6. The Black Plague: a highly contagious disease in England that was spread by fleas on rats..killed over 1/3 of the population
7. The Martyrdom of Thomas a Becket: Canterbury Tales pilgrimmage.. Archbishop murdered in his own church (see Canterbury Tales notes)